Operating an excavator-mounted trencher requires adherence to strict safety precautions:
- Operator training: Personnel must receive thorough training in the safe operation of the backhoe attachment.
- Personal protective equipment: Wearing a safety helmet, safety goggles, gloves and sturdy shoes is mandatory.
- Working environment: The construction site must be properly secured and other workers should be at a safe distance from the backhoe attachment.
- Operators must be safely trained in the use of the backhoe attachment.
- Personal protective equipment is mandatory during operation.
- The construction site must be adequately secured and safety distances should be maintained.