Operating a trencher requires strict adherence to safety precautions to prevent accidents. Important safety measures include:
- Operator training: The machine operator must receive thorough training in the operation of the trencher.
- Personal protective equipment: Wearing a safety helmet, safety goggles, gloves and sturdy shoes is mandatory.
- Safety distances: Persons should stay at an appropriate distance from the milling drum during operation.
- The operating personnel must receive appropriate training.
- Personal protective equipment is required during operation.
- Safety distances to persons must be maintained.